Working holiday visa


The Working Holiday visa (subclass 417) is a temporary visa for young people who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to a year. It is a temporary visa that encourages cultural exchange and closer ties between Australia and eligible countries. This type of visa is really popular amongst young travellers and backpackers as it offers opportunities to explore Australia and its amazing lifestyle whilst also allowing you to work and study. 

If you're aged between 18 and 30 and hold a passport for a country or region participating in Australia's Working Holiday Maker programme, you may be eligible to apply for a 12-month visa which enables you to work in Australia while you are here.


Working Holiday Visa Requirements: 

  • Maximum 4 months study.
  • Aged 18 to 30 years and hold an eligible passport.
  • Principal purpose to holiday in Australia.
  • Enter or remain in Australia as a genuine visitor.
  • Meet health and character requirements.
  • Sufficient funds for airfares and personal support for stay in Australia.


Eligible Countries:

  • France
  • Germany
  • Belgium
  • Canada
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • Hong Kong
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Malta
  • Norway
  • The Republic of Cyprus
  • The Republic of Ireland
  • The Republic of Korea
  • Sweden
  • Taiwan
  • The Netherlands
  • United Kingdom


Online Enquiry
Name *
Phone *
Email *
How Did You Hear About Us *
Interested in
AMES Education
AMES Immigration
AMES Accounting
* Required fields